The AWAD Virtual Chapter February meeting is taking place on Monday 20th March .
Time: 11am-12.30pm PST / 2-3.30pm EST / 7-8.30pm GMT.
Guest Speaker: Winston Peters, My ÜberLife Consulting Group
Winston will be in conversation with AWAD Founder Susan Mumford on the subject of ‘Art, the Art Business, and the Art World: 3 essential components for contemporary art dealers’. While the Q+A session will focus on these inter-joining sections of the industry and why it’s important that art dealers and advisors invest time into all of them, participants are encouraged to also ask more general questions about art business, for example, attaining corporate sponsorship, one speciality area that MyÜberLife addresses with clients.
AWAD’s CEO, Susan Mumford will run the meeting of the AWAD Virtual Chapter, open to Women Art Dealers (including gallerists, art dealers, art consultants and art advisors) from all over the world. As the meeting will take place online, you can attend from anywhere that has reliable internet access. The meeting will take place via AnyMeeting.com, a platform kindly facilitated by AWAD’s Partner, Be Smart About Art.
To attend click here to book – Note you will receive confirmation of your booking from eventbrite as soon as you book but you will NOT receive the AnyMeeting.com link to attend until one day prior to the meeting (in addition to a reminder approx. 2 hours prior to the meeting).
About the AWAD Virtual Chapter
The Association of Women Art Dealers is piloting a Virtual Chapter.
This will be an entirely online monthly meeting, with a focus of supporting women art dealers who are not able to attend London and New York meetings and events. Art dealers are spread far and wide around the globe, and AWAD is keen to support women art dealers regardless of location. Notably, our mission is to support and facilitate business and enable collaboration between women art dealers.
- The Virtual Chapter was launched in January 2016, with meetings chaired by AWAD Founder & CEO Susan Mumford.
- As with existing chapters, visitors are welcome to attend once prior to committing to join the association. During the pilot phase (set to complete end of 2017), visitors may attend for up to three times before applying for Membership.
- AWAD reserves the right to vet attendees to ensure all visitors fulfil the requirements for AWAD Membership.
- All current AWAD Members are welcome to attend these online sessions during the pilot period.
- Susan will provide key information on AWAD and will facilitate a roundtable style conversation for all attendees, in which they are able to grow their dealer network while providing one another ideas in a collaborative fashion. Once the pilot phase is underway, guest speakers will attend meetings to provide insight for art dealers’ ongoing professional development, with subjects ranging from contracts to working with interior designers.