Membership rates – London Chapter (representing all of UK)
- Individual (UK): 250 GBP
- Gallery (UK): 250 GBP for first Member and 100 GBP for each additional Gallery Director (max 5 Directors)
Membership rates – New York Chapter (representing Tri-State area)
- Individual (NYC / Tri-State): 325 USD
- Gallery (NYC / Tri-State): 325 USD for first Member and 150 USD for each additional Gallery Director (max 5 Directors)
For potential Members in North America who are based outside the NYC / Tri-State area (NY, NJ, CT), International Membership rates apply; please see below.
Membership rates – Virtual Chapter & International
- Individual (Virtual Chapter & International): 150 GBP / 225 USD
- Gallery (Virtual Chapter & International): 150 GBP / 225 USD for first Member and 100 GBP / 150 USD for each additional Gallery Director (max 5 Directors)
- A joining fee of GBP50 / USD75 is payable upon joining AWAD, applicable for the first invoice issued*. This is a one-time payment, providing membership is continuous.
- Membership rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- To qualify for Membership of AWAD, candidates must be owners or co-owners of their primary art business. You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a specific query.
- A completed online application is required along with two successful references.
- The Association of Women Art Dealers (AWAD) reserves the right to terminate membership.
Mission & Vision:
The Association of Women Art Dealers (AWAD) facilitates business and collaborations between art dealers, gallerists and art consultants.
Our vision is to be the premier international network for women art dealers. We provide a platform for meeting fellow collaboratively-minded art dealers, gallerists and consultants.
Based in London and NYC, AWAD meets on a monthly basis at both locations and also welcomes membership applications from art dealers, art advisors and gallerists based worldwide. Members work together in many ways, including art deals, gallery and pop-up exhibitions, art fairs, sharing of shipping costs to art fairs – and the list goes on. The organisation also offers masterclasses, networking events and online platforms. We believe that by working together as a whole, we benefit on an individual basis, by enjoying increasingly successful art businesses.
Three levels of Membership are available in fully established chapters of the organisation: Full, Associate and StartUp. With our Members ranging from established to emerging, we are delighted to be accomplishing one of our founding principles with our StartUp Membership. Early stage dealers are supported in their formative years with mentoring by an established dealer Member. To apply fill out the online application form.
AWAD is a Non-Profit Company and our Founder and CEO is Susan Johnson Mumford. The Board of Directors is made up of the following Members: Sylvie Gormezano, Chair of the AWAD Board, MK Semos, Sim Smith and Cynthia Corbett.
AWAD has been a great discovery for me, providing my gallery with invaluable help and support during my first year of membership.
-Vera Schuhmacher, Founder, Vera Schuhmacher Fine Art
AWAD is an excellent organisation. It is great to discuss ideas and exchange information. The topics discussed at the meetings I have attended were certainly of great interest.
-Hely Norton, Founder, Hanga Ten, Contemporary Japanese Prints
I joined AWAD as a Founding Member. Through my membership of AWAD, I was able to exhibit at the Olympia Fine Art & Antiques Fair earlier this year in collaboration with three other AWAD members with positive results. I have also moved into new gallery premises with another founder member, a move which has dramatically reduced my overhead and provides me with support for my business. AWAD offers a wonderful platform in which to meet other women operating in the art world and share ideas and best practice. I am delighted to be a part of such a dynamic association.
-Barbara Stanley, Director, Barbara Stanley Gallery, Irish Contemporary Art
Thank you for all your help and support over the past year. I find my AWAD membership really valuable not to mention lots of fun!
-Jessica Lloyd-Smith, Founder, Modern Art Buyer