linked-in twitter facebook rss

Archive for the ‘Exhibition’ Category

James Moore – All That I’ve Seen at Susan Eley Fine Art

Friday, June 22nd, 2018

Susan Eley Fine Art is pleased to announce the opening of “All That I’ve Seen: Paintings, Sculpture and Works on Paper by JAMES MOORE (1938-2013)”, on view from June 27-August 30, 2018. This is the first exhibition of James Moore’s artwork since he passed away in 2013 at the age of 75. The exhibition celebrates the artist’s life, which was rich in art, steeped in color and full of the love of family and friends, with a reception on Wednesday, June 27, 6-8 pm.  All That I’ve Seen is the first exhibition of Moore’s art at SEFA. The gallery is honored to host this retrospective showing, the most comprehensive exhibition to date of the artist’s oeuvre. The exhibition includes 12 large acrylic paintings on canvas, dozens of works on paper in Cray-Pas, colored pencil and paint, and a selection of bronze table-top sculptures.

“I don’t see shapes as much as I see the energy of elements interacting to move, stop, support or explode. I mostly use clean bright color to keep my world hot and alive. My paintings are like a snap-shot record – trapping the moments of an event where something beautiful happened.”

– James Moore (1938 – 2013)

Kathryn Markel Fine Arts presents Four Degrees of Abstraction

Wednesday, June 20th, 2018

Kathryn Markel Fine Arts is pleased to present Four Degrees of Abstraction, a group show curated by Anne-Brigitte Sirois. 

Four Degrees of Abstraction brings together paintings by four artists, Xiaofu Wang, Suzanne Olivier, Cora Cohen, and Morgan Everhart, working in various degrees of abstraction and investigates each artist’s iconographic relation with nature. The exhibition aims to consider the hierarchical distinctions first positioned by art critic and champion of abstract painting, Clement Greenberg, who wrote in his essay On Abstract Art(1944), “Let painting confine itself to the disposition pure and simple of color and line, and not intrigue us by associations with things we can experience more authentically elsewhere… art that is representational too easily suggests narrative and thus panders to literature.” Nearly seventy-five years and many waves of Clem-bashing later, the formalist perspective occupies a position at the zenith of the established culture, yet it remains a subject of controversy.

The show will run June 21st – July 28th.

Suzanne Olivier, Érosion du continent

TAG Fine Arts presents Rob Ryan’s But If I Tell You It Won’t Come True

Monday, June 18th, 2018

TAG Fine Arts  is pleased to present for June 2018, ‘But If I Tell You It Won’t Come True’,  Rob Ryan‘s solo show at the Art Workers’ Guild, Bloomsbury. The show consists of brand new intricate paper cuts and silkscreen prints along with the launch of his new monograph titled ‘I Thought About It In My Head and I Felt It In My Heart But I Made It With My Hands‘.  Copies of the monograph will be available to purchase and there will be a book signing on Saturday 23rd June from 1pm- 3pm. This is the first book of his collected artwork, which features his work spanning 30 years of his career.

Opening hours: Monday June 18th – Saturday June 23rd, 10am – 6pm.

You can pre-order your copy of Rob Ryan’s Monograph here.

Garvey|Simon presents Jim Holl’s All the Living Things

Sunday, June 10th, 2018

Garvey|Simon is pleased to present Jim Holl’s new large-scale paintings and small works on paper titled All the Living Things. The paintings in the exhibition are featured in Holl’s new book, All The Living Things, which pairs his words and images in an exploration of associative meanings, addressing art, philosophy, nature, physics and spirituality.

The exhibition runs from June 12 – July 14, 2018 with the Opening Reception: Thursday, June 14, 6-8 pm

Ground Floor Gallery presents the Terraforming

Wednesday, June 6th, 2018

To Celebrate their fifth anniversary the Ground Floor Gallery is presenting an exhibition in five acts – its time for Act 2: Ryan Sarah Murphy | Terraforming

“My current work consists of wall-mounted collages made of found cardboard and hardcover books. There are certain rules and limitations within the making of my work that provide a general starting point. For instance there is never any paint or additional color applied to the pieces; the color is strictly that of the cardboard or book cover. Any text, printing, or graphics are cut/torn away from the cardboard and the remaining material is what gets used.” – Artist Ryan Sarah Murphy

The exhibition is on view from June 8th – 24th. Artist’s reception on Thursday June 14th 6:00 – 8:30pm

Image: as long as it takes for the signal to right itself

Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | © Association of Women Art Dealers 2012

Web Design London by Top Left Design