linked-in twitter facebook rss

Archive for the ‘Global Chapter’ Category

TAG Fine Arts presents Rob Ryan’s But If I Tell You It Won’t Come True

Monday, June 18th, 2018

TAG Fine Arts  is pleased to present for June 2018, ‘But If I Tell You It Won’t Come True’,  Rob Ryan‘s solo show at the Art Workers’ Guild, Bloomsbury. The show consists of brand new intricate paper cuts and silkscreen prints along with the launch of his new monograph titled ‘I Thought About It In My Head and I Felt It In My Heart But I Made It With My Hands‘.  Copies of the monograph will be available to purchase and there will be a book signing on Saturday 23rd June from 1pm- 3pm. This is the first book of his collected artwork, which features his work spanning 30 years of his career.

Opening hours: Monday June 18th – Saturday June 23rd, 10am – 6pm.

You can pre-order your copy of Rob Ryan’s Monograph here.

TAG Fine Arts is at two art fairs this weekend – the London Original Print Fair and Moniker Art Fair, Brooklyn

Thursday, May 3rd, 2018

TAG Fine Arts is exhibiting the brand new woodcut prints from highly acclaimed Japanese artist Katsutoshi Yuasa at the 33rd London Original Print Fair.  

They will be at Stand 36 exhibiting works by their international stable of artists including Susan AldworthKate BrinkworthRyan CallananAdam DantRobin DuttsonEwan David EasonChuck ElliottGonkar GyatsoEd HodgkinsonRob RyanPaula ScherTessa ShawJustine SmithDavid SpillerYanko TihovTobias TillStephen Walter and Katsutoshi Yuasa

TAG Fine Arts is proud to present  The Hip Hop Shrine by Ryan Callanan (RYCA) at the Moniker Art Fair, Brooklyn.  The shrine is an artistic celebration of Hip Hop lyrics, icons and culture.  This showcase is well suited to Brooklyn, the birthplace of the Notorious B.I.G.

Global Member Arteria Gallery to participate in Art Market San Francisco

Thursday, April 26th, 2018

Arteria Gallery is pleased to share that they will be at Art Market San Francisco.  The fair runs from April 26th to April 29th. They will be at Booth 625.

San Francisco, a picturesque seaside city in Northern California at which the forces of history, creativity, social movements, commerce and innovation intersect. Having built up a position in the international art fair circuit in recent years, San Francisco will proudly welcome Art Market Productions back to the Fort Mason Festival Pavilion this month for their eighth annual presentation. Having yielded record-breaking sales and attendance in 2017, producers and gallerists join in the anticipation of another fabulous week on the west coast. Come see what happens when the visionary spirit of San Francisco encounters breathtaking contemporary art movements from around the world.

Truth and Beauty present book launch of Terry Munro’s EMPIRE OF ILLUSION

Tuesday, April 17th, 2018

On April 18th, 2018, from 4:00 – 8:00 Truth and Beauty Gallery with Vancouver Curator Bill Jeffries, will host  a special event book launch EMPIRE OF ILLUSION by Terry Munro and Text by Bill Jeffries.

Over the past decade Canadian artist Terry Munro has concentrated his creative efforts in documenting one street: Las Vegas Boulevard in Nevada, USA. Visually, Las Vegas offers an unprecedented environment that purposely and at great expense seeks to interrogate the relationship between reality, symbols and society in often bizarre, ethnocentric, exaggerated, extraordinary and outrageous ways. It is a place that demands the craving of fantasy, ecstasy and illusion.

The photographs presented here in duotone by Munro distil the hyperbole and extravagance of the Las Vegas strip to reveal simple truths about spectacle as the final manifestation of capitalism. Exploring the ideas and influences of Munro, Bill Jeffries has contributed a text that explores these themes in more detail, and how the photographer’s work sits within the canon of North American photography.    – Black Dog Publishing

AWAD at VOLTA NY 2018

Friday, March 30th, 2018

AWAD collaborated with Accola Griefen Fine Art, whose co-founders Kat Griefen and Kristen Accola are Founding Members of our NYC Chapter, for an event at this year’s VOLTA NY art fair.

The tour for members started with a viewing of the Maria Hupfield piece on the VOLTA video wall, followed by a stop at the Nancy Margolis Gallery to see oil on panel pieces by still life and figurative painter Aubrey Levinthal. Kat and Kristen then provided a talk and Q&A with the artist Judy Pfaff at their gallery’s stand. The tour concluded at the Kopeikin Gallery, where Katrin Korfmann gave insight into her bird’s eye view photographic pieces.

In mind of the pervading under-representation of female artists, yet with so much talent, we invite you to research these artists and follow their activities online. Name recognition, in combination with spreading the word to others, is key to propel women into the spotlight. As the saying goes, knowledge is power.

Image courtesy David Willems Photography

Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | © Association of Women Art Dealers 2012

Web Design London by Top Left Design