I find my AWAD membership really valuable, not to mention lots of fun!
Modern ArtBuyer, Bath Spa, England
Interested in joining AWAD?
>> Use the tabs below to browse this page for information on benefits, eligibility, how to join and more.
>> To proceed with a membership application, click HERE. Note: you will need two professional references, for example artists, clients or colleagues.
WHO is eligible?
- Women Art Dealers who own (or co-own) their business, of which a major activity is art dealing.
- Women Art Dealers includes female identifying: gallerists, art advisers & consultants, independent curators and primary/secondary market art dealers.
- While the majority of Members run for-profit enterprises, the CEO/Executive Director or equivalent of not-for-profit and charitable enterprises is also eligible for to apply.
Please note that the Member (from an engagement and public-facing viewpoint) is the individual, not the business.
People connect with people!
What are the benefits?
Becoming an AWAD Member provides
- Access to, and support from, a professional network of vetted art dealers who own their business (like you).
- Day-to-day support via member-only meetings (UK, New York/TriState and Global Chapters), online resources and an online forum.
- Discounts and benefits from select AWAD Partners and conferences.
- Credibility as a professional who has been accepted AND who operates to AWAD’s Code of Conduct.
- Professional development in an ever-changing industry.
- Visits to art collections and private tours of art fairs.
- Visibility and promotion via womenartdealers.org and across social media channels.
- Special events such as panel discussions with industry influencers.
- Complimentary entry to select fairs.
What are the different levels of Membership?
There are two levels of membership: Member and Associate Member.
Member: Typically this individual has been at business-owning level for a minimum of three-years, full-time.
Associate Member: This is an earlier-stage art dealer whose business is registered, is already trading, has business cards and has online presence. (This Membership level is based on a founding principle of AWAD to support women art dealers at all stages of career.)
How much does it cost to join?
$22.50 per month
For each additional Director who joins from the same art dealing enterprise, the monthly subscription is priced at $15 USD per month.
There is a one-off joining fee of $25 USD per applicant
Ready to apply?
Follow 3 simple steps to apply to join AWAD.
1. Fill in your account information
2. Complete our online application form and pay the joining fee
3. Await approval from our team
I am amazed by what I have learned so far, the speakers have all been incredibly informative as well as practical. I am totally taken with the comraderie of the other members and their willingness to work together as well as share their experiences and information.
Ivy Brown Gallery, New York